For Nicki’s birthday, I wanted to add a twist to the typical, “Let’s compile a list of her greatest lyrics” or “let’s rank our favorite Nicki red carpet looks”.
She has always been to me the prime example of a woman who enters a room and immediately commands it. Whether it be intentional, or just a matter of her sheer presence and star power, it is something to be admired.
As a show of my gratitude for women like her who conduct themselves fearlessly and unapologetically (especially in the boys club of hip-hop, though her reach spans far beyond rap), I’ve put together a list of one-liners that can inspire all of us women to grab life by the balls and demand that people listen up and take notes.
Just remember girls! We should not fear valuing ourselves or demanding what we’re worth, and if you falter in believing, here are the perfect lines from Nicki to refer back to!
- “You can hate me, but why knock my hustle? Imma be the queen, no matter how they shuffle.” – Go Hard
- “Let me make this clear, I’m not difficult, I’m just ’bout my business.” – All Things Go
- “A hundred mothafuckas can’t tell me nothin'” – Beez in the Trap
- “I ain’t gotta compete with a single soul.” – Truffle Butter
- “You could be the king, but watch the queen conquer!” – Monster
- “I don’t even brake when I’m backing up, I’ll swerve on a (boy) if he acting up.” – The Boys
- “Take me, or leave me, I’ll never be perfect. Believe me, I’m worth it.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “Got a bow on my panties because my ass is a present” – Get on your Knees
- “I ain’t coming out for less that a hundred thou” Hello Good Morning
- “I just heard that I was the baddest in the town. So I came down and had to pick up my crown.” – Beam Me Up Scotty
- “Don’t interject, don’t intercept, you ain’t on a jet, you ain’t meet a bitch with this kinda money yet” – Senile
- “I am the queen because I’m a machine” – Yasss Bish
- “I’m a bad bitch, I am never been a mixed breed, on a diet but I’m doing donuts in the six speed” – Up All Night
- “If they test me, they sorry” – Bang Bang
- “If you wanna get the job, you better know who’s the boss” – Get On Your Knees
- “Cause we dope girls, we flawless. We the poster girls for all this” – Feeling Myself
- “I’m the motherfuckin’ boss, overwrite” – Roman’s Revenge
- “Bitches ain’t got punchlines or flows, I have both, and an empire, also.” –Feeling Myself
- “I just come through with a couple bossy bitches. They get money, too, they some don’t cross me bitches” –My N-gga Remix
- “Not that I don’t got good vision, but I don’t see competition.” – Win Again
Get it Nicki 😉